Tuesday, January 1, 2008

108

Happy New Year everyone. I've got a few minutes before I teach a class out here at Corepower Eden Prairie so I thought I'd pop by and set down a few words.

Had a nice night last night. Noel wasn't feeling well so we stayed in. Watched the Doctor Who episode "Girl in the Fireplace" which is especially good. Great script by Moffat. Also watched the first episode of Big Love season two. Then hung out and talked about the '07 recapping the highs and lows. It's sad that Noel has the crud (right after I got over it) but other than that it was an especially nice night.

Taught a class in the a.m. then went to St. Paul and did the 108 Sun Salutations (on 1/08 even), an old yogic tradition. Definitely the most physically challenging thing I've done in a while but it was amazing as well. Sarah led and did an amazing job. You wouldn't think such a simple series of postures would get so difficult after a while but they certainly do. I locked onto a mantra for a chunk of the class which helped but the last 27 were mind meltingly intense. Felt extremely blissy afterwards. I love yoga. Union.

Went home and watched "Adrenaline Drive" with Noel. A Japanese movie from 2000 that felt a lot like a more sparsely paced mid-80s John Hughes movie (maybe starring a young Tom Cruise and Mary Stewart Masterson. It was fine afternoon fare though not as good as a lot of the Asian movies we've seen lately.

OK, gotta get to it students should be arriving soon.

Be well,

DND

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi David this is Chris Kelly. I just found your blog, so I made a feed of it for livejournal. Here it is: http://syndicated.livejournal.com/mrmississippi/

Jai Five said...

Thanks Chris!!

So where's your blog at?