Sunday, March 9, 2008

Yoga Playlists (part three)

Third Sunday, third mix. Enjoy! This one is a nice bridge between a more intense (C2 in Corepower terms) class and a less intense flow. Like all my mixes the heat building songs are up front.

Ka-ba Vinyasa 7

First Sleep by Cliff Martinez from "Solaris Soundtrack"
Loving You Live by Dr. Alex Paterson from "Artificial Intelligence"
Harmonic by Cicada from "Cicada (Special Edition)"
Godspeed by BT from "Movement in Still Life"
Beyond The Threshold by Medicine Drum from "Talking Stick"
Mk Spitz by The Modernist from "Kangmei"
Im Ninalou: The Groovio Deep End Remix by DJ Cheb I Sabbah from "La Ghriba: La Kahena Remixed"
Another Green World by Brian Eno from "Another Green World"
Heartbeats by Jose Gonzalez from "Veneer"
Tengo frio by Ely Guerra from "Lotofire"
I Didn't Mean to Hurt You (Instrumental) by Spiritualized "The Complete Works, Vol. 2"
Exchange by Massive Attack from "Mezzanine"
Gold Lion by Yeah Yeah Yeahs from "Live Session (iTunes Exclusive) - EP"
Hanuman Baba (Dub Farm Re-mix) by Krishna Das from "The Greatest Hits Of The Kali Yuga"
Liquid Air by Meredith Monk from "Mercy"

Notes: The "Gold Lion" acoustic version is fantastic and can be used in lots of different mixes. Cliff Martinez's "Solaris" soundtrack is also something that opens, closes and sits in the middle of a number of my playlists. "Liquid Air" very rarely gets heard except for when people stay in the room after class. I went through a period where I tried to plug a few post class songs in as little surprises for those who stuck around.

I've sent this to iTunes and will post the link when I get it. They didn't have the Medicine Drum track that I use so I substituted the only Medicine Drum song they have - I hope it works! The also didn't have the Krishna Das remix so I used another, very appropriate Krishna Das track.

No comments: