Friday, March 7, 2008

100th Post!

Here it is: another landmark in the thrill-packed journey that is www.mrmississippi.blogspot.com - the 100th post! It's taken about two and a half months to get here. That comes to more than a post a day average, which ain't bad.

Honestly, I didn't expect that I'd get into this as much as I have. Going into it, I'd assumed that I would have to write primarily about myself - past, present and future. Although that can be fun in small doses, I couldn't envision myself being quite to self-absorbed to manage daily doses.

I'm the kind of guy who doesn't have a lot of drama in his life, and I have no desire for that to change. When any drama does arise I like myself and my friends too much to want to air dirty laundry. So that cut out another chunk of material to blog about.

What I didn't realize back then was that Youtube and blogging are like chocolate and peanut butter. Youtube really lets you create your very own, very small scale TV station online and it also fills in those awkward gaps when you don't have anything to say. Without Youtube I would have fallen out of the habit of posting when I was either too busy or not in the mood to write anything conceptual.

Now, I've created something of a schedule: yoga playlists on Sunday, Chad Vader on Tuesday and a continuing text series about yoga playlists when I write them. I'd guess that as I go forward I will further schedule the days of the week in order to keep myself and my audience interested.

OK, well there's my 100 post check-in. I suppose I should ought to do one of these every 100 posts. Hey look, it's a new tradition!

No comments: