Thursday, December 20, 2007

Depraved Lust for Fame Fuels Orgy of Verbiage

So, I've gone and got a blog huh... Well, the rent's cheap and there's not a lot of maintenance required, so why not? I've toyed with the idea over at Myspace but that turned into more of a surrealist poetry/comedy blog than a proper "here's what's going on in my life" sort of affair. After reading a lot of hoopala about Diablo Cody (who used to live across the parking lot from me and Noel back in our SLP daze), I got to thinking about the whole blog sensation. Of course I'm five years late to the trend and I'm not a stripper so the glaring spotlight of fame will probably miss me but who needs fame?

Who needs fame? Certainly not the legions of doom who inhabit the stages of run down rock clubs nor, least of all the Myspace cases who've found their fifteen minutes in a virtual Pokemon "collect 'em all" style orgy of friend requests and definitely not me. I’m nothing like those fame obsessed losers who populate “reality” TV shows who’ll do anything to get their face slapped on the boob tube.

Oh well, I'd better come clean - I've absolutely got a vigorous lust for fame. It's been a major motivating factor of my life. It's exciting to watch the constant struggle between how much I want fame and how much I'm willing to give up for it. It's my own personal tug of war match between the lily-white angel perched on my right shoulder and the crimson red 'lil devil on the left.

As I get older and more locked into my comfort it becomes harder to gamble it all but I still make my bids for limelight though they're a lot less "life and death" these days. I have this sneaking suspicion that I'll be happy about the same percentage of time whether or not I have magazine editors wanting to interview me.

So yeah, the fame lust is still there but it doesn't control me. I think that a blog might be a healthy way to have fun with the idea and maybe bleed a little of the juice out of it while I'm at it. Plus I'll get to babble about music I'm listening to, movies I'm watching, yoga flows I'm working on and all that sort of hoo-ha, which is also fun.

That’s enough from me for now. It's great to have you along for the ride!

Be good to each other.

David Not David

No comments: