Thursday, October 15, 2009

200th Post! (a.k.a. 100 Post Check In Pt. 2)

OK, so it took me about 3 1/2 months to do my first 100 posts to this blog and it's taken a year and seven months to do the next 100 posts so I think it's safe to say that momentum has slowed down a little bit! Once I got plugged into Facebook, I slowed down here and also once I got my managing at CorePower job I also slowed down. I've had a great time managing CPY, it's something that I genuinely believe in and it's the first time in my life where my primary passion is also my job. Before I'd always have a "This isn't my real thing, my real thing is (music, writing, yoga, fill in the blank)" attitude. As a result of marrying passion to work, my work takes up a lot of my time! As a result of that, when I come home I'm less likely to blog about yoga playlists! It's also very important for me to remain professional as a result of the roll I play and so I don't want the blog to give anyone an inappropriate peak behind the curtain.

So, the old blog went into stasis from Oct 08 to Aug 09. Since it's come back I've used it first as a place to post music videos I like and more recently as a place to make quiet asides and post pictures of my bunny rabbit and my wife! God only knows where I'll move with it next. Pretty sure I'll always be posting music videos here but I'm not sure how it will change. When I move to CA it may very well become more life update-y just for the sake of friends in MPLS, although Facebook will also serve that purpose. Perhaps, as when I move to CA I won't be managing right away, I'll get back into the whole Yoga Playlist thing.

I've got to say that when I started this blog almost two years ago I wouldn't have been able to predict where I would be in two years time. Not just in having a job that I genuinely love but also to the degree in which I am content with life. Not nearly as much pushing and wanting to be somewhere/something/someone else. It's a good little life! =)

No comments: