Friday, April 25, 2008

Miss the Mississippi

Cool, I'd not known it but there's an old song called "Miss the Mississippi". Here are the lyrics, think I'll dl it off iTunes tonight!

ORIGINAL LYRICS, transcribed by Manfred Helfert:

I'm growing tired of the big city's lights,Tired of the glamor, and tired of the sights.In all my dreams I am roaming once moreBack to my home on the old river shore.
I am sad an' weary, far away from home;Miss the Mississippi an' you.Yeah -- days are dark and drearyEv'rywhere I roam;Miss the Mississippi an' you.
Rolling the wide world over,Always alone and blue -- blue.Nothing seems to cheer meUnder heaven's dome;Miss the Mississippi an' you.
[YODEL]
Memories are bringingHappy days of yore;Miss the Mississippi an' you.Mockingbirds are singing'Round the cabin door; Miss the Mississippi an' you.
Rolling the wide world over,Always alone and blue -- so blue.Longing for my homeland,Muddy water shore;Miss the Mississippi an' you.
[YODEL]Mississippi -- and -- you...

No comments: